NCERT Science Solutions Class 9th :- Chapter 7 Diversity in Living Organisms Solutions
Diversity in Living Organisms Solutions
In Text Questions
Page No: 80
1. Why do we classify organisms?
2. Give three examples of the range of variations that you see in life-forms around you.
Page No: 82
1. Which do you think is a more basic characteristic for classifying organisms?
(a) The place where they live.
(b) The kind of cells they are made of. Why?
2. What is the primary characteristic on which the first division of organisms is made?
3. On what basis are plants and animals put into different categories?
Page No: 83
1. Which organisms are called primitive and how are they different from the so-called advanced organisms?
2. Will advanced organisms be the same as complex organisms? Why?
Page No: 85
1. What is the criterion for classification of organisms as belonging to kingdom Monera or Protista?
2. In which kingdom will you place an organism which is single-celled, eukaryotic and photosynthetic?
3. In the hierarchy of classification, which grouping will have the smallest number of organisms with a maximum of characteristics in common and which will have the largest number of organisms?
Page No: 88
1. Which division among plants has the simplest organisms?
2. How are pteridophytes different from the phanerogams?
3. How do gymnosperms and angiosperms differ from each other?
Page No: 9
1. How do poriferan animals differ from coelenterate animals?
2. How do annelid animals differ from arthropods?
3. What are the differences between amphibians and reptiles
4. What are the differences between animals belonging to the Aves group and those in the mammalia group?
Page No: 97
1. What are the advantages of classifying organisms?
2. How would you choose between two characteristics to be used for developing a hierarchy in classification?
3. Explain the basis for grouping organisms into five kingdoms.
4. What are the major divisions in the Plantae? What is the basis for these divisions?
5. How are the criteria for deciding divisions in plants different from the criteria for deciding the subgroups among animals?
6. Explain how animals in Vertebrata are classified into further subgroups.