NCERT Science Solutions Class 9th :- Chapter 13 Why Do We Fall Ill Solutions
Why Do We Fall Ill Solutions
In Text Questions
Page No: 178
1. State any two conditions essential for good health.
2. State any two conditions essential for being free of disease.
3. Are the answers to the above questions necessarily the same or different? Why?
Page No: 180
1. List any three reasons why you would think that you are sick and ought to see a doctor. If only one of these symptoms were present, would you still go to the doctor? Why or why not?
2. In which of the following case do you think the long-term effects on your health are likely to be most unpleasant?
• If you get jaundice,
• if you get lice,
• If you get acne.
Page No: 187
1. Why we are normally advised to take bland and nourishing food when we are sick?
2. What are the different means by which infectious diseases are spread?
3. What precautions can you take in your school to reduce the incidence of infectious diseases?
4. What is immunization?
5. What are the immunization programmes available at the nearest health centre in your locality? Which of these diseases are the major health problems in your area?
Page No: 188
2. A doctor/nurse/health-worker is exposed to more sick people than others in the community. Find out how she/he avoids getting sick herself/himself.
4. A baby is not able to tell her/his caretakers that she/he is sick. What would help us to find out
(a) that the baby is sick?
(b) what is the sickness?
5. Under which of the following conditions is a person most likely to fall sick?
(a) when she is recovering from malaria.
(b) when she has recovered from malaria and is taking care of someone suffering from chicken-pox.
(c) when she is on a four-day fast after recovering from malaria and is taking care of someone suffering from chicken-pox.
6. Under which of the following conditions are you most likely to fall sick?
(a) when you are taking examinations.
(b) when you have travelled by bus and train for two days.
(c) when your friend is suffering from measles.