NCERT History Solutions Class 9th :-Chapter 7- History and Sport: The Story of Cricket Solutions
History and Sport: The Story of Cricket
Page No: 157
1. Test cricket is unique game in many ways. Discuss some of the ways in which it is different from other team games. How are the peculiarities of Test cricket shaped by its historical beginnings as a village game?
2. Describe one way in which in the nineteenth century, technology brought about a change in equipment and give one example where no change in equipment took place.
3. Explain why cricket became popular in India and the West Indies. Can you give reasons why it did not become popular in countries in South America?
4. Give brief explanations for the following:
(i) The Parsis were the first Indian community to set up a cricket club in India.
(ii) Mahatma Gandhi condemned the Pentangular tournament.
(iii) The name of the ICC was changed from the Imperial Cricket Conference to theInternational Cricket Conference.
(iv) The shift of the ICC headquarters from London to Dubai.
5. How have advances in technology, especially television technology, affected the development of contemporary cricket?