NCERT Geograph Solutions Class 9th :- Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Solutions
Natural Vegetation and Wildlife Solutions
Page No: 43
1. Why are the southern slopes in Himalayan region covered with thick vegetation cover as compared to northern slopes of the same hills?
2. Why have the western slopes of the Western Ghats covered with thick forests and not the eastern slopes?
Page No: 51
1. Choose the right answer from the four alternatives given below:
(i) To which one of the following types of vegetation does rubber belong to?
(d) Tropical Evergreen
(ii) Cinchona trees are found in the areas of rainfall more than:
(a) 100 cm
(b) 50 cm
(c) 70 cm
(d) Less than 50 cm
(iii) In which of the following states is the Simplipal bioreserve located?
(d) West Bengal
(iv) Which one of the following bio-reserves of India is not included in the world network of bioreserve?
(c) Gulf of Mannar
(d) Nanda Devi
Page No: 52
2. Answer the following questions briefly.
(i) Define an ecosystem.
(ii) What factors are responsible for the distribution of plants and animals in India?
(iii) What is a bio-reserve? Give two examples.
(iv) Name two animals having habitat in different types of vegetation.
3. Distinguish between
(i) Flora and Fauna
(ii) Tropical Evergreen and Deciduous forests
4. Name different types of vegetation found in India and describe the vegetation of high altitudes.
5. Quite a few species of plants and animals are endangered in India. Why?
6. Why has India a rich heritage of flora and fauna?
On an outline map of India, label the following.
(i) Areas of Evergreen Forests
(ii) Areas of Dry Deciduous Forests
(iii)Two national parks each in Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western parts of the Country