NCERT Economics Solutions Class 9th :- Chapter 3 Poverty as a Challenge Solutions
Poverty as a Challenge Solutions
Page No: 40
1. Describe how the poverty line is estimated in India.
2. Do you think that present methodology of poverty estimation is appropriate?
3. Describe poverty trends in India since 1973.
4. Discuss the major reasons for poverty in India.
5. Identify the social and economic groups which are most vulnerable to poverty in India.
6. Give an account of interstate disparities in poverty in India.
7. Describe global poverty trends.
8. Describe current government strategy of poverty alleviation.
9. Answer the following questions briefly –
(i) What do you understand by human poverty?
(ii) Who are the poorest of the poor?
(iii) What are the main features of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Act 2005?