NCERT Economics Solutions Class 9th :- Chapter 1 The Story of Village Palampur Solutions
The Story of Village Palampur Solutions
Page No: 14
1. Every village in India is surveyed once in ten years during the Census and some of the details are presented in the following format. Fill up the following based on information on Palampur.
b. TOTAL AREA OF THE VILLAGE:
c. LAND USE (in hectares)
2. Modern farming methods require more inputs which are manufactured in industry. Do you agree?
3. How did the spread of electricity help farmers in Palampur?
4. Is it important to increase the area under irrigation? Why
5. Construct a table on the distribution of land among the 450 families of Palampur.
6. Why are the wages for farm labourers in Palampur less than minimum wages?
8. What are the different ways of increasing production on the same piece of land? Use examples to explain.
9. Describe the work of a farmer with 1 hectare of land.
10. How do the medium and large farmers obtain capital for farming? How is it different from the small farmers?
11. On what terms did Savita get a loan from Tejpal Singh? Would Savita’s condition be different if she could get a loan from the bank at a low rate of interest?
14. What can be done so that more non-farm production activities can be started in villages?